As the weather of UAE turns colder, rodents may enter your home or offices in search of a new shelter that will provide them warmth and food.
Finding a rodent in home can be a common thing. But once you consider that one female rodent can have 5-10 litters – with five or six babies each – over the course of a year, it is surely going to be dreadful for you. If you find rodents in your home, don’t take it easy as they have the potential to grow into an infestation.
Rodents carry 25 different types of disease that can put your health at risk. According to the number of calls made in the past two years to the pest control services in Dubai, Areas in Dubai top the List Of Localities infested with rodents.
If you are thinking that weather is still warm and you have a lot of time to welcome these tiny creatures then let me tell you that irrespective of the time of year, rats and rodents make horrible house guests. Don’t worry as we have come up with the tips that can help you prevent them from seeking food, water and shelter around your property. Read on and know about interesting and reliable tips below
1. Try Natural Rodent Deterrents:
Nature has always a solution, there are several natural deterrents which you can use to get your house protected from rodents. Scroll down to know how to use these deterrents:
- Garlic – Mix finely chopped garlic with water and spray around the area where you think they can enter through.
- Peppermint – Peppermint acts as a Pied Piper of Hamelin of 21st century. It is the most effective natural product used to keep rodents away. In fact, sometimes pest control services in Dubai also use this method as a primary step. You can simply soak cotton balls in 100% pure peppermint oil and place them around areas where mice can get in. An alternative way is to mix the peppermint oil with water and use it as a spray. Make sure to replace the cotton balls every 2-4 weeks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – You can make effective spray from a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. Use this spray every day to make your home or office rodent free.
2) Seal holes through which rodents may enter:
The next important tip is to inspect your home on every weekend. Look around every possible hole and gap especially near your desk, wardrobe, kitchen chimney and pipe entrance. Building with crawl arena is at high risk of rodent infestation. So, be sure to check cranny spaces of your house to live a good and healthy life as they say, “precaution is the best measure”.
3) Deprive them of food:
Rodents usually enter your house in search of food. As long as they can find even small crumbs of food, they’ll remain in your residence in the hope that they can get more to eat. Even professionals of Pest Control Dubai suggest not keeping your food loose and storing it properly. So the best tip is making sure you aren’t inadvertently feeding the things. Here are the ways of storing your food:
- Store your food in airtight containers.
- Don’t keep your dishes unwashed for a long period.
- Clean the floor of your kitchen daily.
- Wipe counters after every meal or snack to keep crumbs away
- Empty all trash cans tightly.
- Dump left out food in your yard
- Cover your trash properly
4) Watch Your Composting:
Most of the times composting can be problematic for you if you are dealing with pest problems. Always keep this tip in your mind, if you want to avoid rodents, raise your compost container at least 1 foot off the ground, especially if you compost food scraps.
5) Ring Pest Control Companies in Dubai:
While there are certain methods to say good bye to rodents but it is advisable to leave it up to the professionals. Practicing the above tips will allow you to keep rodents out of your home but results aren’t fully guaranteed. Professionals at pest control companies make sure to get 100% result by using modern techniques and tools. If you are fed up of using every possible thing without results then check online or the phone book and book your appointment for Pest Control In Dubai.